- BGC Contracting Office
- BGC Contracting Branch
- Mining Project
- Construction Project
Jax Bulk Sample Pit
The Jax Mine (open –cut) will be developed as part of QCoal Group's northern hub of projects located in close proximity to Collinsville in the north Bowen Basin, Queensland. The northern hub includes Sonoma Mine, Cows Mine, and Drake Mine in addition to the Jax Mine.
Once operational Jax will produce up to 1.8 million tonnes of coal per year with an expected mine life of 21 years.
BULK SAMPLE PIT CONTRACT
This project involved the development of mine site infrastructure for the proposed Jax Bulk Sample coal mine located near Collinsville in Queensland. BGC were commissioned to provide design management, costing and construct services to the client QCoal. Construction commenced in November 2011 and the Project was successfully completed in July 2012.
The scope of works included:
- Intersection upgrades for the Jax and Sonoma mine sites;
- Construction of the mine access roads;
- Construction of the MIA pads;
- Construction of the ROM pads;
- Construction of the Haul Roads;
- Construction of various retention dams;
- Construction of stormwater run-off drainage structures;
- Construction of a water pipeline and onsite water storage tanks; and
- Various miscellaneous works i.e. fencing, clear and grub, top soil removal and stock piling for later re-use.