BGC Contracting is part of BGC Australia Pty Ltd, a diverse construction, manufacturing and contracting organisation with vast scale, an impressive depth of knowledge and robust financial backing. Since its beginnings in 1957, the BGC Group has grown with an annual turnover in excess of $3 billion, making it one of Australia's largest privately owned companies.
BGC Group Operations
Today, the BGC Group’s wide range of vertically integrated operations employs more than 5,500 staff and contractors and includes:
- Residential and commercial building
- Building and construction products
- Contract mining
- Civil engineering, construction and maintenance
- Road transport
- Property ownership and management
BGC Group Strategy
The driving force behind this dynamic growth has been the BGC Group strategy, which has propelled BGC to become one of Australia's largest privately owned group of companies. The BGC Group strategy, which was developed by founder Len Buckeridge and continues to guide the company today, has as its objectives:
- The reinvestment of profits for growth and the maintenance of production capabilities at a high level
- The supply of high quality products
- Flexibility in meeting our customers’ requirements
- A commitment to the provision of high quality housing for low income and disadvantaged people
- Vertical integration of BGC Group’s component business units
- Decentralisation of decision making to trading business units, to maximise accountability, agility and the opportunities for staff members
This strategy has enabled the BGC Group to steadily broaden its product range, enhance its supply capability, and expand its operations beyond the Western Australian market. Today, the BGC Group operates in all Australian mainland States. Internationally, its activities extend to distribution networks in East Asia and New Zealand.
To learn about the BGC Group, visit www.bgc.com.au.